- The Mississippi River
- Mississippi River Suite1
- 3+pic.2+ca.2+bcl.2+cbn - 184.108.40.206 - timp.4perc - hp - strings
- 28 min.
- MC988: Florence Beatrice Smith Price Collection, Special Collections, Mullins Library, University of Arkansas
- Score, complete (1934): Box 6, Folder 2
- MC988b: Florence Beatrice Smith Price Papers Second Addendum, Special Collections, Mullins Library, University of Arkansas
- Score, complete: Box 3A, Folder 3
- Score, damaged and incomplete: Box 6B, Folder 36
- Parts, complete: Box 1D, Folders 36–49; Box 6A, Folders 2–3
- The Mississippi River (Suite). New York, NY: G. Schirmer, Inc., 2018.
- Florence Price: The Oak, Mississippi River Suite, Symphony No. 3. Apo Hsu, conductor; The Women’s Philharmonic. Koch International Classics 3-7518-2 2111, 2007.
- Florence Beatrice Price: Symphony No. 3 - The Mississippi River - Ethiopia’s Shadow in America. John Jeter, conductor; ORF Vienna Radio Symphony Orchestra. Naxos 8.559897, 2021.
- Brown, Rae Linda. The Heart of a Woman: The Life and Music of Florence B. Price. Music in American Life. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2020.
While the piece does quote pre-existing songs, as in a suite, certain manuscript sources contain the following as a descriptive subtitle: “Symphonic Poem, The river, and the songs of those residing upon its banks.” ↩