Fantasie Nègre No. 4 in B Minor
- Solo piano
- 5-10 min.1
- MC988b: Florence Beatrice Smith Price Papers Second Addendum, Special Collections, Mullins Library, University of Arkansas
- Scores, multiple versions (April 5, 1932 and undated): Box 4A, Folder 2
- June 15, 1937; Federal Music Project Building (632 N. Dearborn St.), Chicago; Marion Hall, piano.
- Cooper, John Michael, ed. Fantasie Nègre No. 4 in B Minor. New York: G. Schirmer Inc., 2020.
- Florence Price Piano Discoveries. Lara Downes, piano. Flipside Records FL0019, 2020.
- Fantasie Nègre: The Piano Music of Florence Price. Samantha Ege, piano. Lorelt, 2021.
- Brown, Rae Linda. The Heart of a Woman: The Life and Music of Florence B. Price. Music in American Life. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2020.
- Ege, Samantha. “The Aesthetics of Florence Price: Negotiating the Dissonances of a New World Nationalism.” PhD diss., University of York (UK), 2020.
- Holly, Ellistine Perkins. “Black Concert Music in Chicago, 1890s to the 1930s.” Black Music Research Newsletter 9, no. 2 (Fall 1987): 3–7.
The range of playing times reflects the variances between the manuscript versions of this piece. The Cooper edition (2020) runs closer to 5 minutes. ↩