Concert Overture No. 1
- Concert Overture on a Negro Spiritual1
- Concert Overture on “Sinner, Please Don’t Let This Harvest Pass”
- 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206 - timp.4perc - strings
- 15 min.
- MC988a: Florence Beatrice Smith Price Papers Addendum, Special Collections, Mullins Library, University of Arkansas
- Piano reduction, incomplete (undated): Box 10, Folder 7
- MC988b: Florence Beatrice Smith Price Papers Second Addendum, Special Collections, Mullins Library, University of Arkansas
- Scores, complete (November 11–December 5, 1937): 3B, Folder 17; 4B, Folder 14; 5C, Folder 33
- MC2618: Florence Price Collection, Special Collections, Mullins Library, University of Arkansas
- Score, complete (1937): Box 1, Folder 6
- June 16, 1939; Federal Music Project Building (632 N. Dearborn St.), Chicago; American Concert Orchestra; Ralph Cissne, conductor.
- Concert Overture No. 1. New York, NY: G. Schirmer, Inc., 2018.
- Price: Songs of the Oak - Concert Overtures Nos. 1–2. Württembergische Philharmonie Reutlingen; John Jeter, conductor. Naxos 8.559920, 2022.
- Brown, Rae Linda. The Heart of a Woman: The Life and Music of Florence B. Price. Music in American Life. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2020.
The piece appeared with this title on the June 16, 1939 program. ↩